Pumps are one of the oldest mechanical inventories of the industrial age. Today, they’ve evolved in types, sizes, and shapes to serve functional roles in residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
If you're considering getting a pumping system for your NYC home, commercial or industrial building, understand that water pumps suit different purposes and needs. Hence, you need to know which to invest in when necessary.
Different Types of Pumps and Their Uses
Pump applications differ depending on where you use them. While pump variants are surplus in the market, there are two main types of pumps you’ll find in NYC include:
1. Dynamic Pumps
These pumps work typically help you supply water in your building. Under the dynamic pump, you’ll also find varieties like:
· Centrifugal Pumps: this is a pump that works with an impeller. It works by using a propeller to suck fluid in so that your pump media has a better yet low viscosity.
· Submersible Pumps: A submersible pump is also known as a stormwater, sewage, or septic pump. It helps you shift blackwater, subsoil water, stormwater, wastewater, rainwater, chemicals, trade waste, and other wastewaters that may surround your property.· Fire Hydrant Pumping System: These pumps are also known as fire pumps or hydrant boosters. They are technically water pumps. However, unlike regular water pumps, they are designed with a high force to help with irrigation and ensure the efficiency of firefighters.
2. Positive Displacement Pumps
This is the second most common pump used on properties. It is often used in industrial settings but will work well in residential or commercial buildings. Some other varieties of Positive displacement Pumps include:
· Piston Pumps: like fire pumps, a piston pump is often used for irrigation purposes. However, they also work efficiently when you need a pump with high and reliable pressure. Instead of using propellers like the centrifugal pump, it sucks in fluid through a reciprocation action piston.
· Gear pumps: people in the chemical, petrochemical, oil, paint, and food industries will benefit more from this pump. It ensures that these industries have enough water supply for their production process.
· Diaphragm pumps: Like the gear pumps, the diaphragm pumps also work well in industrial settings. However, it is commonly used in mining and plant facilities for water treatment, spraying, cleaning, and dispensing corrosive liquids.
Pumps are An Essential Addition to Your Property
A pumping system is something you can’t do without, especially as it supplies water to your property.
If you need to learn more about the best type of pump to use for your home, commercial building, or industrial facility, get pump experts like NY Pump & Motor. They are professional pump technicians in NYC and will help you choose the right pump for your home.
NY Pump & Motor – Your trusted provider for pump service in NYC.